SOUTH MISSISSIPPI USSSA SUPER NIT
March 3-4, 2012
Mississippi USSSA Baseball is pleased to announce that the USSSA "Road to Disney" will come to the South Mississippi Region at the Gulfport Sportplex in Gulfport, MS and various ballparks in the Mississippi Gulf Coast area for the 7-14 year old age divisions for the 2012 season. Each age division will be awarded one berth to the USSSA Elite 32 World Series in Orlando, FL for the 9-14 year old (Major Division) age groups.
The South Mississippi USSSA Super NIT scheduled for May 3-4, 2012 will be held at the Gulfport Sportplex with additional fields being made available at Goldin Park in Gulfport and other fields in the Gulfport area.
This event will be a 3 game guarantee event. The Overall Champion in the Major Division of the 9-14 year old age divisions will receive berths to the Elite 32 World Series at the Disney Sports Complex in Orlando, Florida.
Online Registration for this event is available at www.usssa.com. The entry fees for this event are:
Entries will be reserved on a first come first paid basis.
USSSA POINT DISTRIBUTION
Teams will earn quadruple USSSA Points.
USSSA RULES OF CONDUCT
It is the purpose of USSSA
Baseball to conduct the best possible Tournament from all aspects. To
achieve this objective USSSA must have the cooperation of each player,
manager, coach and sponsor.
1. Team managers must have full control of their players at all times. This means "on" and "off" the field.
2. In case of disputed play or decision, team managers or captains may consult the game official. The other players and coaches or sponsors are to be kept out of the discussion.
3. Managers, coaches and players are not to fraternize with the spectators while on the playing field. At no time will participants be allowed to smoke on the field or in the coaching box.
4. At no time will participants be allowed to drink or have in their possession any alcoholic beverage while in the dugout, coaching bases or on the playing field during the course of the game.
5.Managers are to report any unsportsmanship like conduct or derogatory acts by players or spectators to the tournament director. The purpose here is to prevent any serious situation from developing that would be harmful to the tournament.
6. Managers, coaches, players, sponsors and teams are liable for the suspension by not adhering to the tournament rules in effect. This could mean suspension for a game, games tournament or a longer duration depending on the act of violation.
7.A player, coach, manager or sponsor may be suspended for fighting, abusive tactics or unbecoming acts that are detrimental and not in the best interest of USSSA baseball and tournament play.
8. Be careful of your conduct. Be sure that no actions occurs that could reflect adversely on your sponsor, team or region. Remember that the wrong actions of even one player can reflect upon you team an the game of baseball.
9. Any report by hotel or motel management, where any team competing in USSSA play is staying, of destruction of property or abuse of hotel or motel property will be dealt with sternly. Team mangers and sponsors will not be warned other than through this notice. Failure to pay hotel or motel bills can result in the team disbarment form future USSSA play.
10. Any teams submitting bad checks to the USSSA will be subject to disbarment.